Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Top 5 Reasons I'm Thankful for YouTube

I love Top 5 lists. I make them for every subject I can think of. So here are the Top 5 reasons I love YouTube. My basic criteria is that it should be an amateur video, not part of a professional show (though one breaks this rule). These are also videos I probably wouldn't have seen without YouTube (or email forwards).

Here we go. These are in no particular order. I just rolled a die to determine which goes first.


1. How You Killed Your Brand. This song is a remake of a lame song that was sort of popular. This version is great, having a combination of parody and mockery. It came out during the big market war between the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.




2. Flight of the Conchords--Business Time. I first heard this on Glenn Beck's radio show, but then quickly spread it around to my friends via YouTube. It is now a favorite show for several of my friends. This is the most professional video of the bunch, given that it is related to a cable comedy show. I cried for about ten minutes when I first heard this.




3. Julie Andrews' Do Re Mi in the Train Station. This video caused me to smile all day when I saw it. It continues to make me happy...every time.




4. Tribute to John Williams' various movie songs with Star Wars lyrics. This is just plain cool in so many ways, though it gets stuck in your head.




5. John Daker. This is a classic in my office. Enjoy.




Hope you had a good time! Turns out I like musical YouTube videos the best.

Followers