Thursday, July 15, 2010

My second college degree

It's accomplished! I had a goal of getting a second bachelor's degree, and so I have done.

My side quest was to receive straight A's. I received 15 A's and 1 A-minus (in Copy Editing of all things, but I had good reasons for slipping a little).

I also bought the student version of the entire Adobe collection of programs, many of which I now have some experience on - all of which I need more experience on. I want to be a jack of all design trades, given the fact that I'm very good at most things in life but great at none of them.

I have decided not to touch the programs, though, until I have time to properly welcome in the newborn in my life. I'm considering this time to be both my vacation with absolutely no homework allowed, while also catching up on things like the yard, washing the dogs, reading some informational books about liz...I mean, babies, some movies, friends I have barely seen, play testing the game I built, projects at work that I now have more brain room for, and basically just lining up all my ducks before the arrival of the tiny loaf that's currently in my wife's oven.

Homework is a terrible drain. I understand the need for summer vacations now. It's not particularly hard all the time, but the constant nagging thoughts of having some big deadlines coming up and the pressure to succeed with every single assignment is quite draining.

Still, I succeeded at school. I survived the homework. Soon I get to press the world to find a better place in it. I like my job, but I need more money.

So, the scholastic break is over. Time to tackle full parenthood and the world wide workplace options.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Congratulations on both the degree and the tiny fruit, not loaf, that's coming out for me to spoil soon.

Followers