Saturday, November 8, 2008

Penelope

Here is a long overdue post about my bleeding heart. I bike home, about 3 miles a day, 2-4 days per week. About 2.5 miles from my house, I saw the cutest puppy. (See my wife's blog for pictures.) I picked it up and biked home the rest of the way with only 1 hand steering and braking. This is much harder than you think, especially when you cross roads where through traffic does not stop.

Long story, but the crux is we gave her to my boss and her husband and their 2 teenage daughters after spending about 5 days deciding that no matter how cute the puppy is, we don't want a third dog.

Did I steal someone's puppy? Maybe. However, it was emaciated and flea ridden, and apparently had some abuse or over-zealous punishment issues in its past.

We named her Penelope for fancy occasions, with the shorter Penny for everyday use. Penny, as in, something you find on the street that someone else didn't bother to pick up or take care of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And she had a fungal infection in her ears--poor thing! And her toenails were ten feet long, which the doc lamented over (an indication to a vet, I guess, that a pet has been neglected). She's happy now, until her spaying next week!

Followers