Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Net" Theory

In case you've ever wondered what I think about when you're talking to me and my eyes look vacant, here you go.

I like to put different concepts together for fun. This synergy of ideas sometimes produces humorous results, like the "Net" theory.

Net Theory came to me out of the blue. I was thinking about our spirits and how God's Holy Spirit affects them. Somehow I got on the idea that air weighs very little and wondered if our spirits actually have weight. Then I thought about how God-filled spirits might be lighter than air. If our spirits our filled with the Holy Spirit and we have done our best to repent of our sins so we would not be so entangled in the things of this world, then when Jesus returns the Earth will tremble (as a very biblical word) and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then I considered how when Jesus returns he would probably return so fast that he would cause some sort of flux in space and time (to ancient Bible writers, this might be seen as the Earth trembling).

I like to take things literally, especially things that are meant to be figuative. When considering what kind of interesting results this all would produce, I came up with the "Net" theory. What if Jesus returns and causes an Earth-trembling flux in time and space, and what if Spirit-filled souls are lighter than sin-bound ones. The Earth could tremble and flux and, in the blink of an eye so to speak, could shudder and shrink, even for less than a single second. Because it would happen so incredibly fast, those who are lighter in spirit and are not so attached to this Earth might be hovering in the air waiting for gravity to kick in. Then Jesus would use his Holy Fish Net to scoop us up and take us to the great Fish Tank in the Sky.

Of course, many things I do are easily mockable, and this theory of mine is no exception. Please continue. :)

1 comment:

Diego said...

I don't believe you actually posted it.

You are now minister of crazy things that shouldn't be said aloud, and the royal stuff holder.

Followers