Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seven Years

Today is the seventh anniversary of my wedding to the adorable Hanna Hosack. Some doubted that we'd make it. Some thought the timing was poor. Some frowned on the wedding for various reasons. Some, particularly some very close family, expended little effort to get to know my wife and through her to know the "me" I could and was becoming. To these people I say, you were wrong.

Many had faith in us and, even better, entrusted us to God. These people worked hard to enable us to grow as a couple, to unite us for the common good and not divide us. To these people I say, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You helped pave the road to our success.

To my wife, I say that every year is better than the year before. Our debt of love has grown as we have each grown individually through both trials and fun times. We decided early on that what we saw in other marriages and heard about through various marriage-hating media was not for us. Our marriage is much more than the sum of its participants. I am honored to share it with you. May the next seven be just as meaningful.

2 comments:

JECompton said...

Congrats guys! I can't believe it's been this long. I doubted you'd make it half a week, but I just told everyone but you. I've opposed you at every step of the way, but it's been worth it. You're both stronger for my meddling. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger (not from The wonderful Batman, but from an ancient 90s' cartoon).

jk, you guys have a great 20+ more years!

Diego said...

I knew you'd make it, 'cause I told you I'd kill you if you broke Hanna's heart. Just kidding. Love you guys.

Followers